This is a very rich and tasty dish, ideal for a summer supper party. Serve with long grain white rice, and crusty bread.
Preparation time 25 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 2 large waxy main crop potatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb (450g) peeled prawns
- 4 fl oz (120ml) oil1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 7 fl oz (200ml) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 bunch fresh chopped coriander
Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool, cut into 1/8 (3mm) slices. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and sauté the potatoes for ten minutes, turning occasionally until browned. Drain on kitchen roll and keep hot. Drain off the fat and fry the spring onions and half the chillies for 1 minute. Add the prawns and toss for a few minutes.
Beat together the peanut butter, coconut cream, soya sauce and the remaining chillies. Add this sauce to the prawns and cook for a further minute or two until thoroughly heated through. Lightly grease a large oval plate and arrange the prepared potatoes evenly around the base. Spoon the prawn mixture over until the potatoes are almost covered. Garnish with coriander.