This is my husband’s quick and easy recipe. It is ideal if you are pushed for time and is hot and tasty.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
INGREDIENTS for 2
- 1 large onion chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 large 14oz (400g) cans of chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon Crushed chillies
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 9oz (275g) Spaghetti for two people
- Salt and pepper
Peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based pan, add the chopped onions, garlic and half a teaspoon f crushed chillies. Place a lid on the pan and gently sweat the mixture for about 5 minutes until transparent in colour.
Add the chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes on a gentle heat.
To cook the spaghetti, place in pan of slightly salted boiling water and cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring vigorously from time to time, until soft. Drain well and serve in a pasta dish before adding a generous portion of the tomato sauce. Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil.