This is very quick and easy recipe. Ideal for a summer evening.
Preparation time 15minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 4oz (100g) tagliatelle Verdi
- 8oz (200g) prawns (cooked)
- ½ red pepper seeded and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
White sauce mix
- 2oz (50g) butter
- ½ pint milk
- 1 oz flour
Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water for about 7 minutes. Drain well and toss with butter. Heat the butter in a heavy based pan, add flour stirring continuously, gradually stir in the milk over a gentle heat until it thickens. Stir in the prawns and red pepper and cook for five minutes .
Pile the tagliatelle on a warm serving dish, pour the prawn sauce over and serve sprinkles with grated parmesan cheese. Serve with a crisp green salad and crusty bread.