This is a lovely pasta dish, easy to make and can be prepared in advance.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 50 minutes
- 4oz (125g) fresh spinach
- 1½ oz (40g) fresh basil
- 6oz (175g) Dolcelatte cheese
- 90z (250g) ricotta cheese
- 5 pieces artichokes marinated, drained and chopped
- 1 carton cheese sauce 8oz (350g)
- 1oz (25g) toasted pinenuts
- 9 sheets of fresh egg lasagne
Preheat oven to gas 4 (350F 180C). Chop the spinach finely. Put in a bowl with the chopped basil, ricotta cheese, artichokes, and 6 tablespoons cheese sauce. Mix well. Beat the Dolcelatte with the remaining sauce. Grease a 9inx9in (23cx23c) ovenproof dish and layer the ricotta mixture, lasagne, then the cheese sauce, continue this process until all the ingredients are used up. Put in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, sprinkle over the pinenuts and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until golden brown. I recommend this is served with mixed salad and crusty bread.